Would love to the ability to create an automatic time-stamp log within 1password notes.

Matt Boettger
Matt Boettger
Community Member

I would love to use 1password for robust note taking that needs to be secure. For instance, I would like to be able to easily create a medical log for my family. For this it would be great to be able to hit a time stamp tool to time stamp a log entry and jot down my notes about the medical appointment.

All in all, would love even more flexibility for note taking like having sections and within sections to have separate note fields were I can time stamp stuff and make logs rather than just one note section per secure note.

Finally, would love the ability to organize tags in an easier way. I had lots of tags before nesting came out but they way nesting works is not drag and drop so I haven't even tried to organize my tags. Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to organize my 100 tags into nested categories in an easy way?

1Password Version: 7.4 Beta
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:time stamp

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Matt Boettger: 1Password is a password manager, so we don't have any plans to design around that use case. But it's interesting, and I kind of keep a few similar "logs" myself in 1Password, as Secure Notes. I don't really understand the request for "time stamps", and it seems like you could simply enter the date/time in a note the same as any other information. But perhaps it might help to think bigger: if you want more granularity, why not create a separate vault for that purpose, and create a new item for each "incident" (for lack of a better term). Those will have a creation date.

I agree whole-heartedly about tags though: they're incredibly powerful, but we need to make them easier to work with. Thanks for your feedback on this! :)

• Matt Boettger
    Matt Boettger
    Community Member

Makes sense. I guess when I'm at the doctor's office taking notes for my kids, it would be great to hit "todays" date or something to start with a current date, then write notes about that date. I like they idea of having a separate vault for that with each visit being a new note then it can be tagged appropriately (i.e. medical, office visit, Jude, 2019) or something like that. I could go somewhere else for doing this but it just feels safer in 1password. I would usually use text expander to do these shortcuts for me but since 1password blocks those kind apps (rightfully so) was wishing on star it would expand to incorporate something like this. Totally get staying focused on what you do best.

• That's certainly an interesting way to approach it, @Matt Boettger. If you try it please let us know how it ends up working out for you. :)

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Maybe Day One with its end-to-end encryption is a better tool for logging?

https://help.dayoneapp.com/en/articles/840428-end-to-end-encryption-faq

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Perhaps. :)

This discussion has been closed.