duplicate entries?

Options
dixonqmg
dixonqmg
Community Member

Hi,

I've updated from standalone apps that I had on my mac, iPhone and iPad to 1password7. After converting the database, on my mac everything looks great. But on my phone and iPad every entry is duplicated. Sync is set to dropbox in iPhone app. How do I fix it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dixonqmg

Dropbox should be uninvolved in 1Password at this point. Are you able to log in at https://my.1password.com/ in a web browser on a computer? If so, please print a copy of your Emergency Kit, if you haven't already:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Then look in the Personal vault at my.1password.com. Does that contain all of your information? If it does then uninstall & reinstall 1Password on each of the iOS devices and use the Emergency Kit to sign in. You should only have a Personal vault after doing so (and not a "Primary" vault).

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• flybynight27
    flybynight27
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue, after moving from a purchase model to a subscription work and family plan. Of course, it has gone from simply duplicates to now having out of sync info as time goes on.

I'm glad to see that there is a solution, but I was hoping for less of a nuclear option, and more of a "here is where you jettison your old Primary vault" button.

• Ben
    Options

@flybynight27

Uninstalling and reinstalling is going to be the most comprehensive solution, but these instructions may help if you're hesitant to do that:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Ben

• flybynight27
    flybynight27
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, this is exactly what I was looking for. Worked like a charm. Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• dixonqmg
    dixonqmg
    Community Member
    Options

That worked, thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad that Ben was able to help. We're here if you need us. :)

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member
    Options

One addition: you may not notice at first that when the first password window pops it may want the password for the OLD account. Then another window pops up that wants the password for the NEW account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes, that is what happens when you remove the old Primary vault from the app :+1:

This discussion has been closed.