App url for quick-launching, and/or disabling 1Browser?

flybynight27
flybynight27
Community Member

I know that both of these have been requested and shut down. But I think I may have a different use case that isn't covered by app extensions or just wanting to stop myself from cheating on distraction browsing.

FileMaker Go can pull up passwords, but navigating to a file on a remote server isn't great. And if we are working on development files, they may be hidden from view when browsing. But FileMaker supports fmp:// or fmp18:// etc URL schemes as shortcuts to files. On desktop, these are great, as we can embed our login credentials in this format: fmp18://:@/

However, when I try tapping this in 1Password for iOS, instead of launching FileMaker Go, I get the embedded 1Browser trying to open /, ignoring the app URL of fmp or fmp18, and ignoring the user name and password. Very frustrating.

Let me know if you have any suggestions to get around this.

1Password Version: 7.3.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:app url

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2019

Hi @flybynight27

Please try pressing on the URL in the website field on the item in question and then selecting 'Open in Safari.' I just tested this with Apple News using the applenews://test URL and it opened the Apple News app as desired.

[Here's the link to the video.](https://bucket.agilebits.com/tmp/ben/RPReplay_Final1574435168.mp4)

Ben

• flybynight27
    flybynight27
    Community Member

Ben, thanks for the follow-up and the quick video. Unfortunately, when I try this with a URL starting with fmp:// or fmp18://, the only options I get are Copy and Open, not Open in Safari. I did add applenews://test and that behaves the same as what you show. Any idea why I don't get that option with the fmp URLs?
    If you want to test on your end, the FileMaker Go 18 app is free in the App Store. If it works, it will just tell you that file could not be found or opened, but you should at least be able to get it to go to the app with an fmp:// or fmp18:// URL. Thanks!

• Thanks @flybynight27. I installed the app and tested using both fmp://test and fmp18://test and had the same results. I'll talk to our development team and see if there is anything we can do on our end, but I'd be surprised if we are doing anything specific e.g. with applenews://. Either way, I'll ask the question. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.