Default vault my fault?

Options

Am I missing something obvious? I want 1Password X Chrome to save new username/password logins in my main (non-private/non-shared) vault. Instead, it seems determined to save them in my Private vault.

1Password Version: 1P7 Mac 7.4.1
Extension Version: 1PX Chrome 1.16.2
OS Version: macOS 10.15.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you open the Settings in 1Password X, you can change your default vault for saving in the General section > Save new items in, and choose the default vault that you would like ;)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Thanks for the quick response, @ag_ana.

Unfortunately, the current setting in Save new items in is not a particular vault but instead "Smith Family." When I try to open the drop down, expecting to see a list of vaults from which to choose, only "Smith Family" appears in a popup box with a check mark next to it. Thus my problem...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

@williakz: To clarify, the Personal/Private vault is the "main" vault in a 1Password membership account.

But this is what I'm seeing:

Are you seeing something different?

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

First screenshot is when I go to 1PX Settings.
    Second is when I open the "Save new items in" dropdown.
    [Please delete screenshots after review as they contain my family name]

screenshots deleted

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty:

Thanks for the correction re the conceptual precedence of vaults. As my use of 1Password is primarily to assist my elderly family members in managing their passwords (rather than securing them—sorry!), my focus is on the vault I created for each on that I can "visit" as needed to assist them with website/login/password problems. Yet another case of users bending your software to their own purposes.

• Hey there @williakz - thanks for the screenshots! I just tested and found the same behavior using the 1Password X stable version but it appears to be fixed in the beta version. If you're interested in switching over to the 1Password X beta, you can find it here: 1Password X beta for Chrome

Otherwise, the fact it's fixed in the 1Password X beta means it'll hopefully make it to the stable build soon. :)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @cecelia, glad to hear I wasn't just raving (well, this time around anyway!). I'll hang on and wait for the next stable version—I don't do beta software anymore. Now that the problem has been verified, would you mind deleting my screenshots since they contain personal info? Thanks again.

• @williakz You got it! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.