add user

Options

I can't for the life of me figure out how to add a user to a new vault I just created. Help! Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.15.1 (19B88)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:add user

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skotwaldron! Welcome to the forum!

This article has all the steps. Can you please go through it and see if it helps?

• skotwaldron
    skotwaldron
    Community Member
    Options

I know I need to add team members, but I don't see the plus anywhere.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skotwaldron: you need to do it on the 1Password.com website, you cannot invite new people from the app itself ;)

• skotwaldron
    skotwaldron
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm, still don't see it on desktop.

• Ben
    Options

@skotwaldron

It appears you're not on the correct page for inviting people. The screenshot you posted is the view from inside a vault, which is not where you'd add people to said vault. From the https://start.1password.com/ homepage (after logging in, but before clicking anything else) you should see a sidebar on the right-hand side of the page. In that sidebar you should see a link called Vaults. Click that. From there, click on the vault you want to manage (VA in this case). From there you should be able to add people that are members of your 1Password team to the vault.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• skotwaldron
    skotwaldron
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I see. When I click on that account it opens up that last shot I sent you inside the vault.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2019
    Options

@skotwaldron

There is a screen between those two that looks like this:

If for some odd reason that is not showing up for you, clicking on the 1Password logo at the top left of the vault screen will take you there:

Ben

• skotwaldron
    skotwaldron
    Community Member
    Options

crazy! This is what I see.

• Ben
    Options

@skotwaldron

That would indicate the account you are signed into isn't an administrator, but it looks like you may have the ability to manage the VA vault. If you click on the gear icon below VA on that screen you should see where you can add people who are part of your team to the vault. It doesn't appear you have the ability to invite new people to join the team, though. For that you'd need to speak with someone who is a 1Password administrator on your team.

Ben

• skotwaldron
    skotwaldron
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, ok. Thanks for your patience. I am the admin. No one else has access. I guess I don't know what to do about that.

• Ben
    Options

@skotwaldron

Based on your screenshots I can tell that you are not an admin on this 1Password membership. Please reach out to our business team at business@1password.com and they can investigate further.

Ben

• skotwaldron
    skotwaldron
    Community Member
    Options

k thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

We have received your email, thank you. We will get back to you as soon as possible :)

ref: WSE-73338-896

This discussion has been closed.