icloud sync not working on mac, but works find on iphone and ipad

Options
whalenpatrick
whalenpatrick
Community Member

hello,

I used to use dropbox to sync between my devices, but as I use dropbox less, I wanted to use iCloud.
when I choose iCloud sync, it locates that I have some data in iCloud so I chose to use that one, then I get an error message, that says fix or ignore, when I choose fix, I unselects that I want to use iCloud.

on my iPhone I chose iCloud to sync and same with my iPad, and they sync between each other no problems.
I cant seem to get my mac to sync.
any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @whalenpatrick

Could you please let us know what exactly it is that the error message says?

Ben

• whalenpatrick
    whalenpatrick
    Community Member
    Options

I’m not in front on my Mac right now.

I will post a screen shot or what the message says. Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @whalenpatrick. The actual text of the message would be easier to work with, but a screenshot is okay too. :)

Ben

• whalenpatrick
    whalenpatrick
    Community Member
    Options

sounds good I will try to copy the message. I tried to connect ot my mac via teamvewier but I had forgot that I shutdown my mac last night. SMH lol it will have to wait once I get home.

thanks, for the quickly reply and hopefully a solution for the issue. :)

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• whalenpatrick
    whalenpatrick
    Community Member
    Options

hello, here is the error message i get.
    it happens when i try to use iCloud to sync my vault. it finds iCloud data, then i get the message

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hey @whalenpatrick! :wink: Thank you for sending that screenshot over.

I see your recent email—we'll get back to you there very soon. It would be easiest for us (and probably tidiest for everyone!) if we keep our conversation to that email thread now that we'll need just a bit of under-the-hood troubleshooting, since email is our best medium for that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'll close this so we're not having the same conversation in multiple places, and we'll continue via email.

ref: VUN-47549-473

This discussion has been closed.