Automatically Generate specific Email

jomaw0
jomaw0
Community Member

Is it possible to integrate the anonaddy.com API in the native Mac/iOS/Android Apps in order to generate a specific email for different accounts to let the service (anonaddy.com) forward the mails to my main account without letting the service (where i am regestring) know my real email. This would result in better secruity because even if my password and email would get leaked only one account would be harmed.

Best greetings,
jomaw0

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jomaw0

I'm not familiar with what capabilities anonaddy.com offers via API, but I can certainly pass the suggestion along to our development team so they can investigate / consider further. :)

Ben

• jomaw0
    jomaw0
    Community Member

Thank you so much.

The whole email forwarding thing is open-source so there should be a solution to it.

• You're very welcome. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

If you implement this, including support for Fastmail's subdomain addressing would be nice!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We don't have plans for the email space since using a unique password (which is secret, unlike usernames and email addresses) for each account is what protects us from one being compromised affecting others, but it's an interesting idea. :)

This discussion has been closed.