1Password 7 Mini does not remember latest window position

Options
Hanton
Hanton
Community Member

Hello,

I'm facing a strange behavior with 1password mini window which does not remember its latest window position: After a few moment it always return in the top left corner of the screen.
Of course If I double click the search bar it goes back to middle of the screen but few times after it will reset to top-left.

All other application I use on this mac (Mail, Safari, MS Office...) does not suffer this behavior, only 1password.

Any idea to make it remember ?

1Password Version: 7.4.1 (70401002)
Extension Version: 7.4.1 for Safari
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hanton!

I'm facing a strange behavior with 1password mini window which does not remember its latest window position: After a few moment it always return in the top left corner of the screen.

Does it return to the top left corner of the screen by itself, even if you don't touch it and leave it open? Or are you doing some steps in the middle, between opening 1Password mini for the first time and before it moves to the top left corner of the screen?

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Well, I'm working all the day on the compter so, I'm calling 1password mini very often. The window change of position after I close it then reopen it after few minutes. Window is not moving by itself while open.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hanton:

What happens if, instead of double clicking on mini to move it to the center of the screen, you manually drag the window to where you want it to be? Is the window position remembered in this case?

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member
    Options

Good suggestion ! Thank you. Unfortunately that what I was doing before (manually moving the window). I learned the double click trick from another thread of someone suffering a similar issue.

• Ben
    Options

@Hanton,

This is definitely an interesting one. :) I can't say that I've seen this sort of behavior on my own system, and it doesn't seem to be something that many others are running into either. As such it may take some back and fourth to get to the bottom of this. I'd ask in advance that you please bear with us as we attempt to help you troubleshoot this, as unfortunately I don't suspect that it is going to be a quick / easy thing to track down.

You mentioned in your opening post that you use 1Password in Safari. Do you ever use mini with any other browsers, or on its own outside of a browser (i.e. by clicking on the 1Password mini icon in the menu bar by the clock)? Have you noticed any correlation between any particular usage pattern and when you see this issue?

Please let us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.