Old 1P account still the one on my iPad

jmassengale
jmassengale
Community Member

It's been a few weeks since I got my Mac Mini, MacBook, and iPhone all on the same page with my new 1Password 7 account (replacing my old 1Password iCloud account with no Emergency Kit) – so I forget the proper way to fix the following problem.

I haven't used my iPad Pro for a few weeks. I had to use my OLD 1Password password to open 1Password on the iPad. 1Password showed two vaults, the old one and my new 1Password 7 vault. I switched from the old to the new and restarted my iPad. 1Password still wanted the old password.

Should I delete the app and reinstall. What is the proper procedure under 1Password 7 to install 1Password on my iPad? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Old 1P account still the one on my iPad

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmassengale!

Deleting and reinstalling the app won't be necessary. You can also remove your old vault from the 1Password app directly (under Settings > Vaults). After removing the old Primary vault, 1Password will prompt you to unlock with the password for your 1Password account ;)

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member

Thank you, I will try that. In the meantime, just a few minutes ago, I added a new question on the same topic.

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member

Here is a screen shot. How do I "remove the old vault"? And if I remove the old primary vault, why isn't it gone forever?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jmassengale:

The screenshot it showing that you are trying to delete your Personal vault instead though. You cannot delete your Personal vault, the one you need to delete is your old Primary once.

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member

@ag_ana - You told me to go Settings > Vaults. That is what the screenshot shows. So I'm confused.

Second, I only have one vault. I'm not sure what you mean by my "old Primary."

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020

@jmassengale:

You told me to go Settings > Vaults. That is what the screenshot shows. So I'm confused.

But you are not under Settings > Vaults when you took the screenshot. You are in the 1Password menu. Also, those instructions were for the iPad app of 1Password, since you mentioned it at the beginning of the conversation.

So my first question to you is: is there a reason why you are trying to do this on your Mac now? I thought that the issue applied to your iPad Pro instead.

But since you are working on a Mac now though, in order to go to the settings, you need to click on the 1Password 7 menu in your screenshot (at the top left of your screen), then click on Preferences.... Once you are there, you can go to the Vaults tab in the Preferences screen.

Second, I only have one vault. I'm not sure what you mean by my "old Primary."

In your first post you wrote: "my old 1Password iCloud account with no Emergency Kit". An iCloud vault with no Emergency Kit is typically called "Primary". Do you see a vault named like this under 1Password Preferences > Vaults tab (see instructions in my previous paragraph)?

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member

The new screenshot is below. I believe 1Password told me to delete the second vault in 1Password7.

"my old 1Password iCloud account with no Emergency Kit" = 1Password6 Mac version, which is still on my laptop with the old password, I think.

The 1Password6 vault would be better than no vault. But the 1Password7 vault I have on my "Mac 2" (disconnected from the internet), is more up to date.

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Part 2 - When I get this to work, 1Password will not allow me to reuse [email address removed by 1Password staff -- this is a public forum] . Can that account be deleted, so that I can reuse [email address removed by 1Password staff -- this is a public forum]?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jmassengale:

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there? I have also removed your email address from your message, as you might not want that to be visible on a public forum.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member

Thank you, I got connected to email support and I now have a new 1Password account with my old vault.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @jmassengale! I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

ref: CCR-52959-938

This discussion has been closed.