How to add a document to 1Password in iOS

Heffor1
Heffor1
Community Member

I tried to follow the instructions to add a file to 1Password in iOS but do not have a category "Document" when I look at Categories under "Add" as per the instructions here

https://support.1password.com/files/

What am I missing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Heffor1

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble adding Documents on your iOS device. Do you have a 1Password membership? If you aren't sure you can check in 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts. Only membership vaults support Documents.

Ben

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member

Thanks Ben.

I am using a Mac and when I look at 1Password > License - I get "You are licensed" - "1Password for Mac"

When I look at 1Password > Preferences > Accounts - I see "Subscribed" in a green box.

Is that what you are looking for?

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member

Ben,

Would appreciate a response

• @Heffor1,

My apologies for the delay. I'm not seeing anything based on what you're telling me that would indicate why you don't have a Documents category. If you look in 1Password > Settings > Vaults do you see a vault called "Primary?"

Ben

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member

Yes

• @Heffor1

Okay. That is the problem. "Primary" is a standalone vault (and as such it doesn't support documents). In 1Password for Mac please use the vault switcher at the top left of the app to switch to your Personal/Private vault (not Primary) and then use Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account to migrate the contents of the Primary vault to your account, and then remove the Primary vault.

Ben

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member

Ok. i have checked and can see the Document category on both my Mac and my iOS device - good.

I do not want the contents to be copied to the cloud. Is Personal still only on my Mac and the iOS devices that I sync to?

I have another vault that I use to store retired passwords - I assume I should create a new vault and transfer the contents of that too?

• @Heffor1

All 1Password membership vaults are synced via 1Password.com. You can read more about that here:

About the 1Password security model

I have another vault that I use to store retired passwords - I assume I should create a new vault and transfer the contents of that too?

Do you see this vault when you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ in a web browser? If so no further action is required.

Ben

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member

Ok - that worked. Thanks for your support.

• You are very welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.