Does the team have access to my 1Password master password?

Options

I use 1Password X with multiple accounts, one personal and one for the company I work for. It is my understanding that if the master password for both of those accounts is the same, 1Password X will unlock both of those accounts at once. My concern is making the master password of the company account the same as my personal. Is there anyway the company I work for would ever have access to the master password of my company account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi @pricheal,

Does the company have cameras that might be able to monitor you typing in the Master Password? Do you use a company-owned computer, and do you enter your Master Password using that device? If so, consider that they could potentially be recording your keystrokes. 1Password does have mechanisms built-in to prevent such things, but we're limited in how much we can protect you on an untrusted computer or in an environment where you're being surveilled.

In short: your Master Password is never shared with your company (or anyone else) by 1Password, but they may have mechanisms for learning it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.