Error adding security key

Options
kathampy
kathampy
Community Member

When I try to register a security key on the website, it says "LegacyServerError: Invalid request parameters. (100)". It's a new FIDO2 + U2F key, and I already have a previous key registered.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kathampy!

Can you please let us know what browser this is happening with?

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

It's happening on Firefox 70 and Edge Beta 79 (Chromium), on Windows 10 x64 1909.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kathampy: To clarify, you're already signed into the 1Password.com web interface at that point, and trying to setup two-factor on your Profile page?

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Yes, I was able to add the first key a few months ago, but now I cannot add another key in any browser.

• Hi @kathampy,

I checked our logs and it turns out your key's ID is longer that what our server is expecting/allowing.

I'm interested what kind of U2F key you have? This is the first time anyone has run into this error.

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

It’s an e-WBM GoldenGate series FIDO2 key. It has a U2F interface as well, if that could be an issue.

• Thanks for the info. Unfortunately right now there's no workarounds to get this key added, but I've filed an issue on our side. Sorry for the trouble here!

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

I still have this issue

• Ben
    Options

@kathampy

You can keep an eye on our release notes where we'll announce any progress on this here:
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/B5

I'm sorry we haven't been able to address this yet.

Ben

• ashleybaldock
    ashleybaldock
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I seem to be having this issue too, although it's strange since I was able to successfully register my key when I first set up my cloud account, but then it stopped working and I can't add it again.

Failed to add security key.

LegacyServerError: Invalid request parameters. (100)

Session: LYPCLGWC6RGJPNLPFOCPI77RJU

Time: 2020-02-01 14:12:26 +00:00

I'm using a yubikey 5 NFC key.

Thanks!

• Huczas
    Huczas
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem for me, I'm using GoldenGate G320.
    Failed to add security key.
    LegacyServerError: Invalid request parameters. (100)
    Session: LIPA7G4HCZB5PGPFNOGY6NVS4U
    Time: 2020-02-27 09:29:16 +01:00

Is there an eta to fix this issue? @Ben

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

We don't issue ETAs, but it appears some progress has been made here and we're hopeful to have these issues adding various U2F keys cleaned up soon.

Ben

ref: dev/b5/b5#7087 ref: dev/b5/b5#7088

• TSGKC
    TSGKC
    Community Member
    Options

Is this resolved? I'm getting the error on a new business account I'm setting up, using the same Windows machine and security keys with which I successfully created a different business account last year. Google Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit).

• TSGKC
    TSGKC
    Community Member
    Options

UPDATE: The problem seems to have been caused by me changing the login URL for the account.

1Password X logged me out for inactivity just now, then said 'hey you changed the login URL, go to the new page and login again'. Once I did that, I was able to add the security keys without any issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @TSGKC! That's good to hear :)

This discussion has been closed.