Error adding security key

kathampy
kathampy
Community Member

When I try to register a security key on the website, it says "LegacyServerError: Invalid request parameters. (100)". It's a new FIDO2 + U2F key, and I already have a previous key registered.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kathampy!

Can you please let us know what browser this is happening with?

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

It's happening on Firefox 70 and Edge Beta 79 (Chromium), on Windows 10 x64 1909.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kathampy: To clarify, you're already signed into the 1Password.com web interface at that point, and trying to setup two-factor on your Profile page?

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member

@brenty Yes, I was able to add the first key a few months ago, but now I cannot add another key in any browser.

• Hi @kathampy,

I checked our logs and it turns out your key's ID is longer that what our server is expecting/allowing.

I'm interested what kind of U2F key you have? This is the first time anyone has run into this error.

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

It’s an e-WBM GoldenGate series FIDO2 key. It has a U2F interface as well, if that could be an issue.

• Thanks for the info. Unfortunately right now there's no workarounds to get this key added, but I've filed an issue on our side. Sorry for the trouble here!

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

I still have this issue

• @kathampy

You can keep an eye on our release notes where we'll announce any progress on this here:
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/B5

I'm sorry we haven't been able to address this yet.

Ben

• ashleybaldock
    ashleybaldock
    Community Member

Hi, I seem to be having this issue too, although it's strange since I was able to successfully register my key when I first set up my cloud account, but then it stopped working and I can't add it again.

Failed to add security key.

LegacyServerError: Invalid request parameters. (100)

Session: LYPCLGWC6RGJPNLPFOCPI77RJU

Time: 2020-02-01 14:12:26 +00:00

I'm using a yubikey 5 NFC key.

Thanks!

• Huczas
    Huczas
    Community Member

Same problem for me, I'm using GoldenGate G320.
    Failed to add security key.
    LegacyServerError: Invalid request parameters. (100)
    Session: LIPA7G4HCZB5PGPFNOGY6NVS4U
    Time: 2020-02-27 09:29:16 +01:00

Is there an eta to fix this issue? @Ben

• Hi folks,

We don't issue ETAs, but it appears some progress has been made here and we're hopeful to have these issues adding various U2F keys cleaned up soon.

Ben

ref: dev/b5/b5#7087 ref: dev/b5/b5#7088

• TSGKC
    TSGKC
    Community Member

Is this resolved? I'm getting the error on a new business account I'm setting up, using the same Windows machine and security keys with which I successfully created a different business account last year. Google Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit).

• TSGKC
    TSGKC
    Community Member

UPDATE: The problem seems to have been caused by me changing the login URL for the account.

1Password X logged me out for inactivity just now, then said 'hey you changed the login URL, go to the new page and login again'. Once I did that, I was able to add the security keys without any issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @TSGKC! That's good to hear :)

This discussion has been closed.