Migration to 1Password Account and no Delete Vault Prompt

mikegs1
mikegs1
Community Member

Hi. I just tried to migrate from my 1Password standalone app (version 6.X) to a 1password acount. This is for a Mac laptop, iPhone and iPad. Following the instructions on the migrate-1password-account page I got as far as needing to migrating data to the new account. 1Password.com never asked me to add the new account to the app so I followed the instructions to add the new account manually. All items appear to have been copied and I see everything in the new GUI 1Password apps on the Mac, iPhone and iPad.
My hurdle at this point is I was never asked to remove the "old" vault. To troubleshoot I looked at some of the previous post suggestions and see that in the Mac application I have one account listed noting the my.1password website and I am seeing only one vault; always open to "Personal" which is a child vault to my account name.
How do I know that I can now safely delete the old vault I was using prior to migraing to a 1Password account?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.15.1
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikegs1!

How do I know that I can now safely delete the old vault I was using prior to migraing to a 1Password account?

If you login to your 1Password account on 1Password.com in a browser, do you see all your data there? If you do, it should be safe to remove your old vault since everything has been migrated already :)

• mikegs1
    mikegs1
    Community Member

I do - excellent! So at this point I should not need to do anything more; all of the devices are good to go and I can archive the vault on Dropbox somewere for a few days...just in case?
    Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That sounds good to me @mikegs1 :+1:

This discussion has been closed.