Dropbox sync seems to be DOA

Additions and other edits I'm making to my Dropbox-housed opvault via 1Password v6.8.9 for Mac are no longer being "seen" by 1Password v7.3.4 for Android on either of my first-generation Google Pixels (I can't say for sure, but suspect this issue may have started with the recent v7.3.4 Android client update). The Android mirror of the opvault on Dropbox is being correctly updated, so that doesn't seem to be the problem (I can see various band_X.js files being updated in both places). And 1Password v7.4.4 for iOS on my iPad Pro is running fine, so it seems to be an issue specifically with the Android client. I've tried several times on both phones to delete the primary vault on Android and recreate it from scratch, with no effect...recent changes to the opvault on the Mac are not being "seen" by Android (and, I believe, visa versa). Ideas?

1Password Version: 7.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: Dropbox


  • ag_anaag_ana

    Team Member

    Hi @bdipert!

    Can you please try all the Dropbox troubleshooting steps, if you haven't already, and see if they help?

  • I already did, yes. Dropbox sync to both of these smartphones has been working fine until recently, I believe...in conjunction with, I suspect, the recent v7.3.4 update.

  • One possibility...is it conceivable that new items are getting sync'd, just not subsequently displayed?

  • brentybrenty

    Team Member

    @bdipert: Only if you've got your devices syncing with different vaults, as outlined in the guide Ana directed you to. What is the path of each? That should tell you.

  • They're syncing to the same vault; I re-confirmed this in the process of debugging prior to contacting you for the first time. Nothing's changed (aside from my recent repeated primary vault resets and re-setups) on either of these Android handsets in some time...only recently has functionality been compromised.

  • Can I send you the logs from the Android and iOS clients for analysis? They show, for example, that everything's syncing to the same vault, but that the two clients detect different numbers of entries in the vault.

  • ag_anaag_ana

    Team Member


    Yes, please feel free to send us the logs to [email protected] While there is just so much we can do with third-party sync method, since they are outside of our control, we can certainly take a look for you and see if we spot anything strange.

    You can find the instructions to generate a diagnostics report from Android here, and from iOS here.

    After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

    Looking forward to your message!

  • bdipertbdipert
    edited December 2019

    I've just emailed diagnostics logs from one of my Pixels (both not syncing correctly) and iPads (both syncing correctly) to [email protected], both from [email address removed by 1Password staff because it included personal information-- this is a public forum]. Haven't yet received ticket numbers. Looking forward to your response and hopeful speedy resolution.

    Two specific examples...my newly added login information for my Adobe Creative Cloud account is showing up on sync'd computers and iPads, but not on the Pixels. Same goes for my recently changed Agilebits account password.

  • ag_anaag_ana

    Team Member

    Thank you @bdipert! I have managed to locate your emails in our system. Someone will get back to you over there as soon as possible :)

    So we don't duplicate support efforts, I am going to close this discussion so we can keep everything over via email.

    ref: III-88878-134

This discussion has been closed.