How to use 1password with Brave Browser

Options

I'd like to try using the Brave browser, but can not figure out how to install the 1password extension and from my read on the forum here I'm not even sure there is an extension. It's a bit confusing.
I'm running 7.4.1 of 1password and Brave 1.0.1

Is 1password baked into Brave, or do I need an extension? My usual searches for help are not giving me much.
thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chinamax!

You can download the 1Password extension for Brave on our downloads page, together with all other browsers that we support ;)

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. The error I am getting is"1Password can't verify the identity of your web browser" Further down the error it asks if Brave is in the Applications folder. I can confirm that Brave Browser is in the Applications folder.

• Hey @Heffor1. Can you please open 1Password, then press Control-Option-Command-Q to quit it completely? Then quit Brave. Then, open and unlock 1Password, then Brave. Are you still seeing the error at this point? If so, double-check that you're on the latest version of Brave, because if your browser is in a pending update, the code signature won't be recognized by 1Password. You can check here:

brave://settings/help

You should be on V1.2.43. :smile:

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

Ok - That worked. Many thanks.

One further question if I may, when I am in 1Password, how do I tell it that I would like it to now use Brave instead of Safari when I click on "Open and Fill"?

Thanks in advance

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

Changing the default browser at MacOS level worked.

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! And on behalf of ag_michaelc, you are welcome :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.