Cannot Change Email Address for Support Forum

AndrewBaldwin
AndrewBaldwin
Community Member

When trying to change my email address for the Support Forum, after entering my password to confirm the change I receive the error message: "Usernames must be 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores."

My username is shown as "Andrew Baldwin", so I guess the problem is that there's a space in my username. But I can't change my username, because the box is grayed out. Is there some way I can change my username?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew Baldwin!

I don't think that having a space in the username is the problem. However, the forum software that we use has received some updates recently, so I am not sure if those could have anything to do with this.

I will reach out to you via personal message shortly and see if I am able to update your email address for you instead.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

For future reference, in case someone stumbles on this discussion in the future, this indeed happened because of a space in the username. We are able to get that sorted out for you, so should you find yourself in the same situation, just let us know and we will make the change for you :)

This discussion has been closed.