Alternate labels for the same field

I am facing issues when I try to autofill my credit card details in various payment sites using the Firefox plugin. My problem is that when I click autofill only a few of the details get filled and I need to manually enter the rest.

Since most of the payment sites are in Greek, I imagine that the issue is that the fields in the form are in Greek. Is it possible somehow to define many labels for the same element in 1Password? This way I could for example define both 'card number' and the various Greek translations as a label and 1Password would be able to understand which value goes where.

I have tried defining new labels with the same value, however this results again to the same issue (although I can see some of the values getting filled and then deleted again so I get a different behaviour).

The most recent site that I had such an issue is datacash.com.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ikaragi! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please give us the full URL to the datacash checkout form, so we can make sure we test this on the correct page?

Also, what version of 1Password and of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using?

• ikaragi
    ikaragi
    Community Member

It's Firefox 70.0.1 and 1Password X 1.16.2.

Unfortunately, my datacash link expired and I can't get to a payment page atm.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@ikaragi – Thanks for the update. A URL to the page where you experienced this would help us out quite a bit. I'd like to take a look at the code to see how we could behave better in the future. We factor in many elements when it comes to filling, not just the label, so perhaps there is another route we could go.

If you do end up being able to access the page again, please do let me know. You could also share the URL for their homepage and I can see if I can find my way to the payment page on my own. Either way, I appreciate the report!

• ikaragi
    ikaragi
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Hello @kaitlyn, thank you for looking into this! Here is the URL of an e-shop where I encountered this:
    https://www.e-vafeiadis.gr

The bank that handles the card payments for this shop is 'Piraeus bank'. I'll let you know if I encounter any other.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@ikaragi Thanks for the link.
    I tried getting to the checkout page but it only gave me bank transfers/deposits as payment options. I couldn't get a credit card option in my cart. Can you please provide us with a step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce your situation?

• ikaragi
    ikaragi
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Hello @yaron,

I am guessing that you managed to reach to the checkout page and fill your name/address so I am sending you a screenshot for the rest of the steps (mind the green radio button on the third step, its hard to spot):

step1

step2

step3

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ikaragi
    Thanks for the help. I was able to reach the payment page, which looks like an external company page that does the charging.
    I was able to autofill the credit card details with 1Password X 1.17.0 but had to autofill twice - the first time it got the card number, then the page refreshes the form for some reason and keeps the card number, and then the second autofill fills in the date and cvv.

If you are still on 1Password X 1.16.2, please make sure to update it to 1.17.0: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1password-x-password-manager/
    Then try autofilling the credit card twice. Let me know how it goes.

• ikaragi
    ikaragi
    Community Member

Hey @Yaron,

I am in version 1.17.0, it was updated probably since I begun this thread. I have noticed the crash too.

I followed your instructions and the second autofill does the trick, thank you!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help :)

This discussion has been closed.