[Suggestion] Allow more options(words passwords) in the Browser password generator

Options
nspeaks
nspeaks
Community Member
edited December 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

It has been proven beyond doubt that the default way of generating password with random characters and letters is not the best or the safest way anymore even though majority of sites still ask for it. The best way is to choose random words. But we can't use that method with the password generator that's available inside a browser. Please add more options to customize/use the words option while generating a password inside the browser. Would be very helpful.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hi @nspeaks! Welcome to the forum!

The options to create a word-based password is already available in the browser extension :)

Is this what you were looking for?

• nspeaks
    nspeaks
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Tbh I had no idea this existed. So thank you. But no. I was talking about the generator that appears on the form field because when I am creating a new login, that's the password that I end up using because it appears on its own? So I would like it if I can switch between random characters and a words based password in the form field as well?

1Password Password Generator in Form Field

Just a nitpick I guess as far as desktop browsers go.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nspeaks – Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us! Your screenshot is of the inline suggested password, which is a feature of 1Password X. It's great for filling a random, unique password at the push of a button. If you'd prefer a customized password/memorable password, you can use 1Password X's full-featured password generator in the pop-up. To fill a memorable password, follow these steps:

1. Click the 1Password X icon in your browser toolbar.
    2. Click the + button, then click Password Generator (or press Command - G on your keyboard).
    3. Change the type to memorable password.
    4. Click Autofill to fill the memorable password in the password field on the page you're visiting.

I hope that helps you get to the end goal of generating and filling a memorable password. As far as the ability to edit the inline suggested password goes, I'll pass your suggestion along. Thanks again. :)

This discussion has been closed.