copy generated passoword

Options
baluthebear
baluthebear
Community Member

Hello there,

i am using 1password for a while now, but have sever issues with the new version..it lacks some functions that I loved in the old app, like for example being able to copy a generated password to clipboard...now there is no way to do that..or it is not obvious to me ..I dont know. I would need some help on this!

Best regards,
HB

1Password Version: 1password 7
Extension Version: 1.17
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:copy generated password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @baluthebear

Whenever you generate and then save a password it should automatically be copied to the clipboard. If that isn't happening, after saving, hover over the password field. A copy button will appear which you can click on to copy the password to the clipboard.

Ben

• baluthebear
    baluthebear
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    thanks for the reply. But here is the thing, I dont want to save any password..sometimes the password that is generated does not validate ..and then I have a bad password saved in 1password.. I want to generate the password and copy it. simple. no saving. why is that not possible anymore?

Best regards,
    Hori

• Ben
    Options

@baluthebear

That sounds like a recipe for data loss. What happens if you didn't save the password and the clipboard gets cleared? Then you have to go through a reset process with the service, if they offer one? We'd much rather err on the side of saving a little more data than is needed than than not saving data that is. Also, if you're doing this on a Login item, then the next password you generate is going to overwrite the "bad" one.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.