To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is there anyway for me to backup my 1password if I have forgotten my master password.

EAlexine
EAlexine
Community Member

I'm changing phone and have forgotten my master password because I have been using my fingerprint to access 1password for so long now. So can i login and either change my master without current password or somehow backup and transfer all my passwords to a new account before I have to switch phones

Comments

• EAlexine
    EAlexine
    Community Member

I'm changing phone and have forgotten my master password because I have been using my fingerprint to access 1password for so long now. So can i login and either change my master without current password or somehow backup and transfer all my passwords to a new account before I have to switch phones

• Hi @EAlexine

If you are able to access your data using your fingerprint you should be able to sign up for a 1Password membership trial, create a new Master Password for that, add that account to 1Password, and migrate your data there:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I would recommend signing up for the trial using a web browser on a computer that has a printer available, so that you can print your Emergency Kit at the end of the process:

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.