Migrate Standalone Vault out of Dropbox

Options
nxc
nxc
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Mac

I've been happily syncing my 1Password vault via dropbox for years now, however with the recent changes to dropbox I'm unable to keep more than 3 machines synced up using the dropbox client without cashing out for a monthly pro subscription. (I have 4 devices that require sync)

I'd like to know if it's possible to point 1Password to a folder I sync with Google drive instead?

1Password Version: 7.4.1 (70401002) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hi @nxc,

I'd like to know if it's possible to point 1Password to a folder I sync with Google drive instead?

That isn't something that we would support; sorry. Membership would be the recommended way forward.

About 1Password membership

Beyond that you can read about the sync options for standalone vaults here:

Sync your 1Password data

Ben

• renaud76
    renaud76
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I would like to migrate my personnal "Dropbox" vault to my new 1Password membership vault.
    What is the procedure to do it safely ?

Thanks a lot !

• @renaud76

We have a help topic on that very subject here - https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

I would suggest looking it over and familiarize yourself with the basics. If you feel comfortable proceed on, however, if you have questions please ask. Reviewing it will allow you to better understand any steps, that we may provide.

Please don't forget step 3.

This discussion has been closed.