Watchtower statistics mismatch between Windows & macOS

Options

Hello 1Password team!

I've got a problem that I recently discovered, and was wondering if any of you have noticed this as well. Thanks in advance!

Over the past few years or so, I've been predominantly using Windows as my daily driver. However, I recently got a new Macbook Pro as a gift, and after loading 1Password onto macOS - I've noticed that the Watchtower statistics don't match with what it shows me on Windows. Here are two screenshots to help show what I mean:

macOS

Windows

Everything else in my 1Password account appears to be synced, and I've also manually forced the Watchtower function to update itself as well on both Windows & macOS. Any chance this is a bug?

1Password Version: 7.4.1 (macOS) and 7.3.712 (W10)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.1, and Windows 10 (build 1909)
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• Hi @derek328,

Thanks for reporting this.

Yes, there are some bugs with this; the macOS version includes other items like Social Security items in the Reused Passwords that should not be in there and for Weak passwords, they check other items that has multiple password fields that aren't supposed to be included.

We do plan to fix these issues in a future update to the macOS version.

If you want to compare to the best Watchtower implementation, that would be your 1Password.com site. 1Password for Windows should be very consistent with the 1Password.com site.

We're working to reduce these platform differences in a separate project and we should see more consistency across all platforms in the near future.

This discussion has been closed.