Inline menu is displayed under Chromium's own autofill

I've noticed that since some time ago, possibly after the latest 1Password X update, the inline menu is rather difficult to get at because it is displayed under Chromium's own autofill in cleartext (non-password) fields.

For websites that display both username and password fields the inline menu can still be shown by clicking on 1Password's icon in the password field, but for websites that only show one field at a time (Google, Autodesk...) the only way to fill in the credentials is through the extension's main menu. When clicking on 1Password's icon in username fields, though, the shadow shown under Chromium's autofill shows that the inline menu is actually being triggered: it's just not displayed over or in place of the native autofill.

I've attached an example reproduced while trying to log in to OnShape.

1Password Version: None
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Manjaro Linux, Chromium 78.0.3904.97
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @nmaggioni! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll admit that I have the Make 1Password the default password manager setting triggered on, and that disables Chromium's built-in autofill. I'd suggest you doing the same because often times they can fight with each other a bit – this is a perfect example. When you enable that setting on the 1Password X settings page, you should only see the inline menu underneath the username field on OnShape's site. Please let me know if that doesn't work for you.

• nmaggioni
    nmaggioni
    Community Member

Thank you for the heads up @kaitlyn, that setting was indeed turned off. It wouldn't have made sense for me to turn it off manually, so something could have gone wrong during the update of either the extension or Chromium itself. Anyhow, it seems solved now. Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, @nmaggioni! I'll be here if anything else comes up. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.