Increasing failure rates of autofill in Chrome on macOS

Options

I'm not sure what's going on, but more and more in Chrome (Version 78.0.3904.108) on macOS I'm seeing failures to auto-fill after I use the keyboard keystroke to fill in login forms. Is there an easy to way report issues on certain sites? Is it built into the app and I'm missing it?

Today it was PayPal: I have https://www.paypal.com/us/signin set in the profile (I've double checked), so when I go to that URL and use the keystroke, it pops up the two entries for PayPal (which I'd expect); when I click Autofill on the entry I want, the 1Password browser extension window flashes away, then comes back with a search box showing all my entries.

Bizarrely, five minutes later I'll come back and try the same thing again and autofill will work. This inconsistent behaviour is frustrating - is this a known issue and is there a fix coming? I've restarted Chrome and ensured it's updated.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: 1Password Sync
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill not working

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jasondunn

There is a known issue with 1Password+Chrome when using the desktop app extension. This can happen regardless of which site you're on, so reporting any specific site(s) would be a bit of a red herring. I do apologize for the trouble this bug causes. We're all 1Password users here ourselves, and many of us use Chrome as our primary browser, so we feel the pain as well. We're working hard to get the situation corrected.

As a temporary measure, if you're using a 1Password.com membership, you may want to try uninstalling the desktop app extension and installing the 1Password X extension, which does not have this issue:

1Password X

Thanks.

Ben

• jasondunn
    jasondunn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response Ben. I've switched to 1Password X and am glad it's an option.

• jasondunn
    jasondunn
    Community Member
    Options

Oh no, I can't set the keyboard shortcut to be the same as what I'm used to in the 1Password Chrome extension? :-(

• Ben
    Options

Unfortunately Chrome doesn't allow ⌘ \ as a keyboard shortcut for extensions. :( The reason it works is that with the desktop app extension it is 1Password for Windows / 1Password for Mac that listens for the keyboard shortcut, rather than the extension itself.

We are working on desktop app integration for 1Password X, which you can read more about here:

Introducing Desktop App Integration for Mac! 🎉 — 1Password Forum

Ben

This discussion has been closed.