LegacyServerError: Operation is not permitted

Options
mlrcuenco
mlrcuenco
Community Member

I am a 1Password for Teams administrator and I have a user attempting to sign into their account and is receiving the following error when attempting to sign into the website: "LegacyServerError: Operation is not permitted."

They have also attempted the same on the CLI and get: "(ERROR) 403: Operation is not permitted"

They also get a similar issue with the app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:LegacyServerError

Comments

• mlrcuenco
    mlrcuenco
    Community Member
    Options

Additional info:
    App: 1Password 7 - Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
    CLI: 0.5.5

• @mlrcuenco,

Do you have 2FA turned on for this particular user's account? I've seen similar error messages when the user has failed their 2FA auth too many times in too short of a period of time.

• mlrcuenco
    mlrcuenco
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

@rudy 2FA is not required for our team but IS enabled for this user. Will be attempting sign in again

• mlrcuenco
    mlrcuenco
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

The user was able to login just now, however it is concerning that we ran into the issue at the beginning of the day before the user had attempted any logins. What could have caused the issue in that case?

Also feedback for the error message: It should say something to the tune of "too many login attempts in a short amount of time. Please try again in a few minutes" if that is the case

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019
    Options

@mlrcuenco

I'm not sure time of day would have any impact here.

Also feedback for the error message: It should say something to the tune of "too many login attempts in a short amount of time. Please try again in a few minutes" if that is the case

Thanks; I agree. The error is not incredibly helpful. We'll have to look into the causes of this and see if we can update the messaging to better explain to the end user what the situation is.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.