Why is there no "Pin on Screen" button in my 1Password Mini in Firefox 71.0?

Options

I find no "Pin on Screen" button in the 1Password Mini window in Firefox browser. I'm using Firefox 71.0, 1Password 1.17.0 on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.13.6.
When I use the Chrome browser on this system, I see the "Pin on Screen" button right where it should be.
Why not in Firefox?

1Password Version: 1.17.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Why is there no "Pin on Screen" button in my 1Password Mini in Firefox 71.0?

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @brownpaulw! I'm glad you reached out. I believe that 1Password X 1.17.0 is still in review by Mozilla, so I'm still running version 1.16.2 myself. Would you be able to send a screenshot when viewing an item in the 1Password X pop-up? Please be sure to blur out any personal information as this is a public forum. Just to make sure we're clear, here's a screenshot showing the 'Pin to Screen' button in 1Password X:

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

PMJI with quick question: how does one actually "blur out" personal info on screenshots (with standard Mac setup)?

• brownpaulw
    brownpaulw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kaitlin, thanks for your reply. The "Pin on Screen" function seems to be working now, after I deleted the (correct and up-to-date) 1Password add-on from my Firefox, and then reinstalled the same correct and up-to-date version of the add-on. With the first install of it, clicking on the "Open in a new window" icon would open a new 1Password Mini window, which would then vanish, and not remain pinned on screen.

By the way, I wish that 1Password wouldn't go changing names and icons of the same function with every new version. That, and burying in obscure menus previously obvious functions like the Password Generator are really annoying "gotchas" with every new version.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@williakz – You can check out the guide I found after a Google search here.

This discussion has been closed.