Autofill in Safari not working due to too big widget window

Options
pamelus
pamelus
Community Member

When I'm trying to use autofill feature with 1password 7 in Safari 13.0.3 on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017), I can't see "autofill" button and "Generate password" button is barely visible. The whole window doesn't fit into the screen and both buttons are outside of the viewport.

It's a little bit better when 1password icon isn't the last one to the right, but even then sometimes window positions in unexpected ways, effectively making it not working.

Tried to resize the window manually, but that doesn't seem to be possible. I can only extend it further.

I have multi-monitor setup (2 external monitors) but I don't think that's relevant.

Same issue on recently 2019 MBP 16 inch.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pamelus! Welcome to the forum!

Tried to resize the window manually, but that doesn't seem to be possible. I can only extend it further.

You should definitely be able to make that window smaller. Indeed, the default size of the 1Password window is much much smaller than what you have now, so that should work for you. What happens exactly when you try to resize it?

• pamelus
    pamelus
    Community Member
    Options

It just doesn't resize. Take a look: https://youtu.be/l_5z1UGYI1k

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019
    Options

@pamelus - thanks for the video, that helps a lot. This is an issue our development team has been looking into. I don't have anything to announce in terms of a fix just now, but hopefully soon. In the meantime, thanks for your patience as we work toward a solution on this problem.

ref: dev/apple/issues#4415

• Ben
    Options

@pamelus

We currently have a fix for this that we are testing in the beta branch of 1Password for Mac. If you'd like to try it you can download the beta here: https://1password.com/downloads/mac/ (under Feeling adventurous?)

If you decide to try it please do let us know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.