Difficulty signing in for autofill on many websites. No difficulty on 1Password site.

Options

When I activate the shift/control/X/ to sign in [master password] for autofill, on a variety of websites of late, the process does not move on--1Password box seems to freeze. If I then go to the 1Password website, sign in, bring up my list of websites, and open the website of interest, I can autofill---a backdoor way of getting into the password-protected site. This has been going on for about 2 weeks and is clearly a change in 1Password behavior. Prompt guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Difficulty signing in for autofill on many websites. No difficulty on 1Password site.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Maury!

Could you please give us some information about your setup? Specifically:

• 1Password Version
    • Extension Version
    • OS Version
    • Browser and browser version
  • Maury
    Maury
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. My OS is Windows 7, 64-bit. The browser is Google Chrome. I'm afraid I can't find the 1Password version and I don't know what you mean by extension version. Enlighten me and I will do what I can to provide you with the info.

If this helps: I go to a website, the 1Password icon appears in the sign in box for that website, I click on it, a pop-up appears which invites me to type in my master password, I do so and then---nothing happens. I can back into signing into that website by signing into 1Password on its website, finding the website of interest in my vault, opening the website from there, and autofilling with the stored data.

Thoughts?

Maury.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @Maury! I'm glad you reported this to us. Are you by chance clicking the white padlock icon when trying to unlock 1Password X? Instead, could you try typing your Master Password in and pressing enter?

We recently had a similar report, so it's on our developers' radar. It seems as though the actual padlock icon isn't clickable, but you should be able to press return or click the blue portion around the padlock to unlock 1Password X. We'll be working on a fix in the meantime. :)

If that doesn't match up with what you're experiencing, please let me know!

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. My OS is Windows 7, 64-bit. The browser is Google Chrome. I'm afraid I can't find the 1Password version and I don't know what you mean by extension version. Enlighten me and I will do what I can to provide you with the info.

If this helps: I go to a website, the 1Password icon appears in the sign in box for that website, I click on it, a pop-up appears which invites me to type in my master password, I do so and then---nothing happens. I can back into signing into that website by signing into 1Password on its website, finding the website of interest in my vault, opening the website from there, and autofilling with the stored data.

Thoughts?

Maury.

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Kaitlyn. I type in my Master Password in the pop-up box. Honestly, I think that sometimes I click on the padlock (which, as I recall, is blue or gray--not white) and at other times I press Enter. Neither has worked. I know that my Master is correct because it works on the 1Password website and I don't receive an error notice for it on my attempt to autofill for a website I am trying to reach.

You mentioned 1Password X. Is that the product for which I am subscribed? Or is it just plain 1Password? I just want to ensure we are talking about the same thing.

Maury.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@maury – The behavior you described where you see 1Password icons directly inside fields resembles 1Password X. Sorry, I should have clarified that in my last response. 1Password X is the extension you have installed, which is likely version 1.17.0, but you can see that by right clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and selecting Settings. On the left hand side, you should see the version number to confirm.

What does happen when you type your Master Password into the pop-up and press enter? Do you see anything spinning, or does it look like nothing's happening at all?

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member
    Options

Thoughts?

Maury.

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member
    Options

Kaitlyn,

I was wrong--the padlock is white. It's the surroundings of it that are blue. When I click on the padlock, nothing happens. When I alternatively press Enter, it works--I have the opportunity to autofill.

You're right--my version is 1.17.0. I had been clicking on a different 1Password icon I have on my toolbar (for 2 factor auth). Sop, we're good on that issue now.

Hope the info in the 1st paragraph leads you in some direction. At least I know, or think I know, that I can autofill with Enter. Appreciate your help.

Maury.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Maury:

I was wrong--the padlock is white. It's the surroundings of it that are blue. When I click on the padlock, nothing happens. When I alternatively press Enter, it works--I have the opportunity to autofill.

Could you maybe post a screenshot of what you are seeing at this step?

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member
    Options

Thoughts?

Maury.

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member
    Options

This is all I can provide by attempting to send you a screen shot. It's the usual popup box, inviting me to enter my master password.

Maury.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Maury – It does sound like what I mentioned in my first comment. The padlock icon is unresponsive in 1Password X 1.17.0. We're currently working on a solution that'll be released in an upcoming version. For now, you'll need to click the blue portion around the padlock icon or just press enter to unlock 1Password X. I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!

ref: dev/core/core#596

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member
    Options

Thoughts?

Maury.

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member
    Options

Appreciate the response. It would be helpful to be notified when the problem is fixed. Maury.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Maury – Absolutely! I've added you to our list of affected users, and I'll reach back out here once we release a fix. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.