To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Argh!! stopped synching

Iwouldrathernot
Iwouldrathernot
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Memberships

See my prior. Thanks ag_ana, but it got patched once again , though I found it had not been syncing between machines since Sept, thus entering bad passwords.

I originally installed in 2011 and my installation has not aged gracefully.
How can I get a survey of my installation to see how the package is configured , so it can be fixed?
between my android phone, iphone, ipad, macbook and windows desktop?

Or should I just print out all 801 files and UNINSTALL, start from scratch on all machines?

I need a good review of configuring and installation as I am getting a cringeworthy problem about every 3-4 months.
What do you recommend ? I am not looking for much and find "features " more a problem than help.
What I have found online is piecemeal instructions that are either brochure level or overdetailed rabbitholes.
I'm trying to get back to simple stable predictable function.

It would have been ice if the "About P1Password" box didn't disappear when you went to type it in

the below crashed to enter trying to enter the data

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626(24)
Extension Version: 4.7
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Iwouldrathernot!

Can you please confirm what is the version of the 1Password app that you are currently using? Version 4 (the one you mentioned in the original post) is extremely old now, so if that is indeed the version that you are using, our recommendation would be to update to a recent version. We cannot recommend using such an old version anymore since it hasn't been maintained or tested for years now.

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member

windows or mac
    what do you call an app
    Desktop program mac program or iphone program?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Iwouldrathernot:

what do you call an app

The 1Password program that you have installed on your computer.

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member

This is what I am talking about
    I have a windows 10 desktop and a MacBook
    "on your computer" is not unambiguous
    Desktop windows programs go as "Programs"
    iOs programs are called apps

will start transcribing this

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member

6.6.8(688002)
    and again
    4.6.2.626(24)

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member

These commands do not exist
    from
    https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/
    Start syncing your vault with Dropbox

** _**Click All Vaults at the top of the sidebar. If you have a different vault selected, you’ll see its name instead of All Vaults.
    Click next to the vault you want to sync and choose “Enable sync”.
    Click Choose, select a folder within your Dropbox folder, and click Select Folder.
    Enter your vault password and click Continue.****
    _

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member

Apparently the updates are having backwards compatibility issues
    I may need to uninstall and reinstall which has caused data loss in the past and has been avoided

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @Iwouldrathernot. Both versions of the 1Password app that you are running on your computers are several years old now, and have not been under active development for a long time. Our documentation covers the latest version of the 1Password apps, which is why you are seeing different menus.

Because of this, we can only recommend updating to the most recent version of your 1Password apps. If you want to keep troubleshooting your existing sync issue, you can try the Dropbox troubleshooting tips, in case you haven't already (bearing in mind, once again, that some commands might differ).

This discussion has been closed.