Install of 1Password on new MacBook Pro not seeing 1password file required on Dropbox

Myname
Myname
Community Member

Setting up brand new MacBook Pro, Catalina 10.15.1. Downloaded 1Password 7 from app store. I've been using 1Password for years on my old 2012 MacBook Pro, currently running Sierra 10.12.6 (which is as far as I'm going to ever update this laptop). 1Password on the OLD MBP is Password 6.8.9 It also has the menu bar extension. I also have 1 Password on my iPhone and iPad. Everything syncs via Dropbox, as was recommended by AgileBits. The old MBP and mobile devices sync no problem.
Now I'm trying to install 1Password onto my new MBP, running Catalina and being 1Password 7, I'm getting the install menu directions to choose my 1Password data file off Dropbox, saying the file name will end in "opvault", but there is no such file in the 1Password folder on Dropbox. I'm totally stuck. I have no idea what to do from here.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Myname!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also emailed us the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers and reply in multiple places, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

ref: SRW-76561-183

This discussion has been closed.