Strange behavior ... iOS refuses to load Vault after input of password

Options
three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member
edited December 2019 in iOS

This happened a couple weeks ago. I have a new iPhone11. On an occasion after a reboot, I ask for 1PW, click on icon, but FaceID does NOT work. so it asks for Master Password. I put it in and get this back: (SEE ATTACHED IMAGE BELOW))

No Logins found...cant load Vault... I have over 120 logins in Vault. But nothing I do will launch them

Try several times..but finally....

HOWEVER:
If I “jiggle” around enough, it Finally(!!) loads my Vault of 120+ PWDs.
THEN, all returns to normal...I get my logins ..all is well.

Why...it does this on iPhone11 i cant fathom ... NEVER happens on my iPad Pro (IpadiOS 13.2.3)

Can you see the screenshot? I’m not good at this ...

Jim B
PS I get the screenshot displayed on my screen just by clicking on the info below ... Hope you can too...

1Password Version: 7,4,4
Extension Version: na
OS Version: iOS 13.2.3
Sync Type: Subscriber

Comments

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Ben asked me to report this when it happened a month or so ago and if it happened again. It is strange behavior indeed. Never happened on my old iPhone 6.
    Jim B
    PS I think it is tied into FaceID behavour. Using fingerprints (as on my iPad Pro) always works...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @three-cushion!

The screenshot you posted shows the 1Password AutoFill window, and I see from it that you are on the 1Password.com website when that happens. When you say that after a while you can see all your information, is this happening from within the main 1Password app, or in the AutoFill window?

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

I wasn’t using Autofill....I was trying to launch 1Password via the App on the iPhone11, after a reboot of iPhone11.. I click on the app icon and the screenshot page displays. Also after a normal shutoff of iPhone11, this does not happen. Only after a power off and restart.

After several inputs of Master Password, it finally launch’s correctly and I see my 120+ logins , ie, normal 1PW page.(This is what I refer to as after some “jiggle” around.)

Once this all clears up, normal operations are available.

NOTE: Never have this on my iPad Pro also running on iOS 13.2.3. It has a Home button, so fingerprints still work fine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@three-cushion:

The first thing that you should see when you open the main 1Password app is the Master Password entry window though. Do you see anything before the window you show in your screenshot?

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

It happens usually after a re-boot of the iPhone11. I DO see the Master Password entry window. I see NOTHING before that window.
    I am looking for a way to use FaceID but nothing displays that option.
    Then I enter MAster PW and get the screenshot page again. Then over & over I get the page
    Finally... I get the normal PW widow with Logins, categories, etc... Then all works as normal.

Never had this on my OLD iPhone 6. (IMISS the HOME button!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@three-cushion:

I would like to ask you to prepare a short screen record of what you are seeing and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can see exactly what is happening on your device, and the steps you are following.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

See if I understand what you need:
    I need to GET the failure before I record it Yes? To do that I need to purposely get the failure repeated. So You want me to
    Re boot the Phone in order to start the failure happening..Right? How do I know that I will resolve the failure with my “jiggling”??

I propose the following. ... The next time I get this, I will try your troubleshooting method. But I am a little skittish forcing an error just for ‘troubleshooting.
    Is it OK to leave the “Screen Recording Mode” in an ON position? then it can be ready when I try to access 1PW AFTER I have re booted for whatever reason?
    Let’s try that ....when I am at a position to “force” the error.
    Right this moment all is working normally.

Your comment?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@three-cushion:

Just reboot your device, start the screen record, and make sure you capture the problem in the video. There is no need to try and fix it, I would just like to see the steps that you are taking to make this happen, so we can make sure we are on the same page.

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

OK but when I am rested and nothing else to do. I do it soon..and send you the email.
    Jim B

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@three-cushion: To be clear, as far as I can tell, that's working as expected. That window is iOS Password Autofill. You will see that if you tap in a password field and then select "Passwords" or the "key" icon above the keyboard. If you tap "Cancel" in the upper right, that will dismiss it. Much easier than restarting your device. You won't be able to use iOS Password Autofill to fill your Master Password anyway.

This discussion has been closed.