Notes not visible until I click edit

This discussion was created from comments split from: Notes not visible until edit is clicked on 1Password 7, Mac.

Comments

• charles_lane
    charles_lane
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem with iOS 12.4.1 my login notes are not visible until I click edit - please help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @charles_lane! Welcome to the forum!

I have split your discussion in a separate thread, since the original one you posted it was related to 1Password for Mac, while you are mentioning 1Password for iOS instead. Can you please let us know what version of the 1Password app you are currently using?

• charles_lane
    charles_lane
    Community Member

I am using 7.4.1. It just happens with some of my notes. I also noticed that the notes that weren't visible after csv import are visible if I edit the note. My theory is that the csv import may have included some hidden characters that are removed after edit?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@charles_lane: I think you may be right. If you copy the notes to a new item, what happens?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2019

I've commented before on the issue of certain unprintable ASCII characters causing invisible Notes data.

The 1Password CSV importer should sanitize the input so as to avoid this issue, and at least properly deal with the raw data if not. Very few users will have the technical understanding to determine the cause, or a fix (outside of random trial and error).

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019

Thanks @MrC. Fair points, for sure. I'll file an issue with development if there isn't one already.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4434

This discussion has been closed.