Setting number of numbers and special characters in password

Options
rvmeush
rvmeush
Community Member

The password generator in my 1Password for Mac has a check box to include special characters and numbers, but it doesn't have settings for the number of each. Is there some way to specify this in a preference?

1Password Version: 7.4.2.BETA-0
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rvmeush!

I see sliders to choose the number of digits and special characters when I use the password generator in 1Password for Mac:

Are you seeing something different?

• rvmeush
    rvmeush
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the window I get when I try to regenerate a password for a website. This window doesn't have any controls for number of digits or symbols.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rvmeush:

I see, you are using the browser extension. The password generator there is indeed simplified: if you need all the advanced options, you can use the password generator inside the main 1Password app ;)

• rvmeush
    rvmeush
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Is there any possibility that the browser extension will include the same capability for number of symbols and numbers? Also, is there any way to set the parameters that are used for suggested passwords? I often find that some of the characteristics of the suggestion aren't compatible with what the website wants in a password?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rvmeush:

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how these two features could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.