I want to save a password after login to a website

Options

Hello everyone,

I used LastPass as my password manager for 2 years. Last week I switched to 1Password, because it looks more professional and you can add onetime tokens and the sharing sounds more straight forward, I just want to test it.

Nevermind, I like 1Password a lot on the first look. BUT there is one thing which annoys me a lot. In LastPass, I used to have the following routine when I log in to a new website: Just log in to the website (to acknowledge the login is working) after you logged in, LastPass is asking me If I want to save the previously login data. I miss this feature in 1Password.

Here is the screenshot. LastPass will ask (after log in to a new website) "Do you want to save the new log in data".

Maybe I just miss the feature in 1Password? I'm currently using the Browser Plugin (1.17.0) in my Google Chrome (Version 78.0.3904.108) on my MacBook (10.14.6)

Thanks a lot in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HenryTheFox!

I see that you are using 1Password X as your browser extension, which is our latest extension that runs directly in the browser without need for the desktop app. With 1Password X, you can be prompted to save a login right before you login to a website (see this video for how this works).

If you would like the more traditional method of being prompted right after you login to a website, you can use the companion extension instead. This version of the extension will behave exactly as you wish ;)

• HenryTheFox
    HenryTheFox
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,

I just tried the last day the "old" Plugin for chrome with installing the software on my MacBook. This works perfectly fine for me. The UX of the "traditional"/"old" chrome plugin looks not that good than the new 1Password X Chrome Plugin.

The advantages for me to use the "traditional" 1Password chrome extension is:

• I can use my fingerprint to open the vault.
    • It will ask me after log in to a page to store my credentials.
      (That seems to be more efficient because sometimes if you are not sure if that password is correct, you just try several times to log in, and only after success 1Password will ask you to save this combination.)

Thanks a lot for clarifying! I wasn't aware that there a two 1Password chrome extensions.

All the best,
    Henry

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HenryTheFox – I'm glad you ended with the extension that you'd prefer overall. We are currently working on a feature we call Desktop App Integration, which allows 1Password X and 1Password for Mac to communicate. It's currently still in the beta phase, but once that's fully released, you'll be able to unlock 1Password X with Touch ID. That'll be a step in the right direction. :chuffed:

• HenryTheFox
    HenryTheFox
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn that is awesome! Thank you very much for this information. But the feature that the prompt to save the password shows up after login to a website is more important for me. Is it planned to give the user an option in 1PasswordX for that? ;)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019
    Options

@HenryTheFox – No problem! I'm honestly not sure what the plan is in regards to your feature request. I went into more detail in a previous comment, but it's a pretty difficult task to determine if a user signs into an account correctly or not. That said, it's been requested in the past, and I'd even be interested in seeing the feature as well. I passed your feedback along to the rest of my team so we can discuss it.

ref: dev/core/core#634

This discussion has been closed.