Duckduckgo Browser not recognizing password screens

Options
mcg88
mcg88
Community Member

It seems that 1password autofill prompt is pretty hit or miss using the duckduckgo browser. It pops up for some websites and not for others compared to it being pretty reliable in chrome for the same websites.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mcg88, thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to the team so that we can investigate :)

Do you have any example sites that work in one and not the other that we could test against?

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

@andiAG https://gyazo.com/07346391032bb60fbc22b18cedf84437

here is a screen recording of the prompt not working on the 1password site. Let me know if you need any more info

• Thanks @mcg88 if you quit the browser (by swiping it out of the Recent Apps list), does Autofill then show for you. It did in my testing just now, but I'd agree that filling appears to be quite inconsistent.

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member
    Options

@andiAG that does seem to work albeit relatively inconsistently. Even if I just hit the home button to minimize (without quitting) and then coming back to it can trigger the pop up to work, but not always.

• Thanks for the feedback @mcg88, I'll pass it along, though unfortunately this doesn't look like something that we can fix on our end.

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member
    Options

This appears to have gotten worse on the latest beta. I cant auto fill anything, even when minimizing and coming back to the app or quitting. @andiAG

• @mcg88 agreed, it doesn't seem usable any more. Let me see what I can find out.

This discussion has been closed.