1Password Chrome extension and Mac utility bar conflict

Options
sbstarr
sbstarr
Community Member

I have 1Password 7 version 7.3.2 desktop app. I also have the Chrome 1Password extension version 4.7.5.90. My problem... When I launch 1Password with Touch ID and click autofill, the 1Password utility on the top of the Mac utility bar launches at the same time. The result is that autofill does not work so I end of doing a copy past process using the Chrome extension. Is there a way to eliminate the Mac utility bar function for 1Password so I can use autofill in Chrome?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.1
Sync Type: dropbox opvault

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sbstarr

I think the root of the problem here may actually be a bug in the 1Password extension, rather than a conflict. The issue we're aware of goes like this:

1. Attempt to fill a login using 1Password in Chrome
    2. Instead of filling the selected login, 1Password mini closes, and then re-opens showing all login items (instead of just matching ones)

Does that match what you're seeing?

Ben

• sbstarr
    sbstarr
    Community Member
    Options

Yes... that's it. Semantics... "1Password mini" = the Mac utility bar at the top of OSX 10.15.1. If that what you mean by "1Password mini?" See https://imgur.com/WVVsVP0

• Ben
    Options

Correct. Yes, this isn't a conflict between the two but rather a bug in the extension. Disabling mini unfortunately wouldn't fix the problem. We are working to correct the issue and hope to have more to share soon. :+1:

Ben

• sbstarr
    sbstarr
    Community Member
    Options

Okay... thanks for being honest. Any way I can get an alert when there is a fix?

• Ben
    Options

I've added this thread to the list of affected users for this bug. Time permitting when we've released an update that contains a fix we'll update the thread. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.