Not asking for username/password

Options
revjonathan
revjonathan
Community Member

New user. When I log onto a familiar web site 1Password does not prompt me for username and password. It did for new one. I use the Mac password keychain. Do I need to enter passwords manually, or turn off keychain?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: .4.1
OS Version: OS X 10.15.1
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:not asking for passwords

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @revjonathan! If you have 1Password for Mac installed, make sure the 1Password extension is also installed and working (check to see if you see 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar -- if not, go to https://1password.com/browsers to download/install it, or, in Safari, open Safari > Preferences > Extensions and make sure it's checked (enabled) in the sidebar).

Once all of that looks good, when you next visit a sign-in page for an account you have saved in 1Password, you'll need to either click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar or the same icon in your Mac's menubar, or use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ for 1Password to "know" you want to fill a Login item on a page, it doesn't happen automatically. You can find out more about using the 1Password extension in your browser at this link.

This discussion has been closed.