1Password for Windows update issue

Hi,

I love your product. I am using it with 4 devices (3 Apple and 1 Windows) and it works great. Unfortunately, I continue to receive an error message when attempting to update the software on my Windows PC. Please see error message in the attached screen shot. Can you assist?

Thanks!

1Password_screen_shot.pdf_%281_page%29-20121024-143455.png

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, mm8922! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Please try this:

1. Shut down your PC.
    2. Hold down the LEFT SHIFT key on your keyboard and turn on your PC. Keep holding down the LEFT SHIFT key until your computer has completely finished booting.
    3. Download the current version of 1Password for Windows directly from the AgileBits download page:

http://agilebits.com/downloads

4. Try installing 1Password for Windows using the installer you just downloaded.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • Hi, I have tried the proposed solutions, but to no avail. The alternative download site shows that the file is successfully downloaded, but the installer doesn't come up. What next?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    By "the alternative download server" do yo mean the one and only link I posted to the main download page? You said it downloaded but the installer doesn't come up. It won't start installing automatically. You will need to double-click the 1Password-1.0.9.304.exe file you download from our site in order to start the installation.

What exactly happens when you double-click the installer? Do you see the error you posted in your first message? A different error? Nothing? I'd love to help if you can provide some more details. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.