1P7 Safari extension doesn't recognize page already loaded.

Options
paulbartell
paulbartell
Community Member

In 1P6, if I was already sitting on page abc.com/login, and abc.com/login was one of my 1Password logins the extension would automatically find the credentials so that all I had to do was press enter and the abc.com credentials would fill. With the Safari 1P7 extension, I have to type in the login that I want even though the page is already loaded up and waiting to be filled.

Is this supposed to work this way, or do I need to adjust a parameter somewhere?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:extension not recognizing page im on

Comments

• paulbartell
    paulbartell
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Synch type on this is iCloud for my "Primary" vault, needed while I transition to 1P7.

**In 1P6, if I was already sitting on page abc.com/login, and abc.com/login was one of my 1Password logins the extension would automatically find the credentials so that all I had to do was press enter and the abc.com credentials would fill. With the Safari 1P7 extension, I have to type in the login that I want even though the page is already loaded up and waiting to be filled.

Is this supposed to work this way, or do I need to adjust a parameter somewhere?**

• Hi @paulbartell

Thanks for posting!

My first suggestion is to open the 1Password preferences and select the mini tab. From there, select "Open 1Password to" 'suggestions.' In my usage, this solved my issue. 1Password matches logins by closest match first. Additionally, please check any items that aren't suggested where you expect them to be. Making sure the website field on the item matches the URL of the login page you are trying to fill on.

One thing that often helps is to try saving a new login for the desired page. If you're not familiar with how to manually save a new login, this help topic covers a lot of troubleshooting scenarios, and more specifically how to manually save a new login.

Extension Troubleshooting - Save a new login in the 1Password app

If you have any questions at all, feel free to write back!

--
    Tommy

This discussion has been closed.