Remove the Weak Password for item where a PIN is used and cannot be changed?

qzzb
qzzb
Community Member

I have a item which is a login using a vendor supplied PIN. It cannot be changed. This is saved and auto fills no problem, however watchtower always says its a weak password. As its nothing that I can change is there a way of suppressing this??

The PIN is in the password field and fills ok, the login is a gift card to check the balance, so the PIN is physically on the card, so login is done with card number (16 digits) and PIN (8 digits). Not sure if im missing a way of getting around this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@qzzb - unfortunately, there isn't any elegant way to do that currently. Your use-case is one of the ones we've become aware of (I have two of them myself, for kids' school stuff). It doesn't actually affect your use of the item, it will just mean it's a constant presence in the "Weak Passwords" section of Watchtower and there will be the corresponding banner that is indeed annoying when you know it's not accurate.

If the combination of that banner and the Weak Passwords entry is enough to make you want to get rid of it even at the cost of ease-of-filling, you could simply copy the PIN code and paste it into the Notes field, then erase the PIN from the password field in the Login item. This would mean the PIN code would not be filled when you initiate filling from the 1Password extension, and you'd have to manually copy/paste it each time you visited this site. I'm not sure that wouldn't just be trading one sort of annoyance for another, but I mention it in case one is preferable to you.

In terms of a more-programmatic fix, it's definitely something that's on our development team's radar. I don't have anything to share with you regarding a timeline for when you might see such a thing, but thanks for bringing it to our attention, and for your patience in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.