Password Generator and New Items

Options
Avellanas
Avellanas
Community Member

I hope there's an easier way to generate a new password? Just a button in the desktop Mac app that I can click for it?
Currently, I start a new login item, click the setting (right of password field) and generate copy-paste the password.

Then I move over to the website that I'm creating a new account subscription and paste in the password.

This then requires me to cancel the new login that I was creating, otherwise I get duplicate logins (the one created by the app is more thorough.

I guess I could use a separate password generator but it seems that I should be able to do this more fluidly using the app?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Avellanas! The process you describe is not the one we recommend to create new Login items. Most of the categories of items you can create in 1Password require that you use the plus ( + ) button to create them within the main 1Password app. But Login items and Passwords are different. This is the recommended method for saving new Login items into 1Password for Mac: visit the login page of the website in your favorite browser, then enter your credentials directly by typing them into the appropriate fields on the web page. Click the Login or Submit button, and the 1Password extension should appear, offering to save the item. Hope that's helpful, but let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.