How to auto-fill in V7 in Safari

Options
mslederer
mslederer
Community Member

I am currently running a stand alone license of 1PW v6 on my mac. Been using 1PW since v4 with no problems. With changes to macOS I understand that now extensions and thus autofill no longer works. If I upgrade to v7 is the autofill fixed? And, if so, how does it work? No Safari extension on my toolbar I'm assuming. So how do I access and fill? I'd like to clarify before I actually do the upgrade. BTW, I plan to run as a stand alone license and not a membership and I haven't upgraded to Catalina yet, but plan to.
Thanks

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: ---
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: wlan

Comments

• ag_rodrigo
    ag_rodrigo
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mslederer! Thank you for your message :)

I'm sorry that you were affected by this. With 1Password 7 you should be able to use the extension in Safari as you did with 1Password 6, as it's included in the 1Password for Mac app itself. Autofill should work as normal, and the extension can be added to your toolbar as before.

I would highly recommend that you moved to the membership account, though, as it would give you peace of mind not only in terms of updates in the future - since from what you said you are using an older version of 1Password - but also in the sync department with a more reliable syncing method. If you didn't explore the membership features, you can take a closer look here:

About 1Password membership

I hope that's helpful to you, and feel free to reach out whenever you need 💙Thanks!

Rodrigo

This discussion has been closed.