Username instead of description while choosing credentials

Options
martinwinner
martinwinner
Community Member

Hi,

I use 1Password a lot on iOS devices (iPhone & iPad).
I do have a couple of websites where I do have a bunch of different credentials.
When unlocking the credentials (tapping on the "key" icon in safari) for one site I do get a list of the different entries. That's nice, but shouldn't be there the "description field" instead of the "username"?

Let's assume I do have 10 bank accounts at the same bank:
In the desktop app I do have different descriptions for all the different accounts. If I want to login with a particular login, I choose the right entry (by searching the right description) to login.
On the iDevice I do get a list of the accounts but only with the "username" (in this example probably the different account numbers). That is not practical and also does not make sense.

To see what I mean I mean I attached a screenshot (in German) from the list I get when pressing the key icon on the iPhone and another screenshot from the app (how it should be).

Maybe you can change this behavior?

BTW: Is there a particular sorting on the different entries? Can I change the sorting in any way?

Thanks
Martin

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @martinwinner

Maybe you can change this behavior?

Unfortunately we can't. We don't have any direct control over how that particular screen (in your bottom screenshot) is presented. The autofill feature of iOS itself makes that determination. That said, if you scroll to the bottom of the list, you should see a 1Password option. Tapping on that will bring up the 1Password UI which we do control, and do display those additional details that you're looking for. Perhaps in the future other options will become available with autofill, but for now that is likely the best solution.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.