[Feature Request] Autofill with notification on Android

Options
sukka
sukka
Community Member

As you can see, it is a screenshot on Notification from MIUI. One of those notification is from "Keepass2Android", an Android client of an open-sourced password manager.

You see, notification has the title "Google | xxxxxxx" which is the name of the account, and the content of the information shows "Entry is available via KP2A Keyboard". What really interests me is the action button at the bottom of that notification: "Copy User" & "Copy Password".

1Password Android has an automated lock, right? When there is an App that doesn't support 1Password Android autofill, I have to switch to 1Password Android, unlock, and then copy the username/e-mail I needed, switch back to that App and paste. Then I have to switch to 1Password Android again to copy the password, guess what? 1Password locked which means I have to unlock it again.

I know automated lock is safe, but it is really inconvenient. Maybe 1Password should learn something from the Keepass2Android.

1Password Version: 7.4.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• peri
    edited December 2019
    Options

@sukka Thanks for reaching out to us.

1Password Android has an automated lock, right?

This is largely up to you. You can determine whether 1Password locks on exit, or whether it stays running in the background and for how long. If you're finding the auto-lock settings you have set to be inconvenient, try changing them to better suit you.

Also, if you haven't already enabled Biometric Unlock, I recommend doing so. It makes unlocking 1Password a lot easier.

What really interests me is the action button at the bottom of that notification: "Copy User" & "Copy Password".

Historically, we've avoided automating copying and pasting, since the clipboard on Android can be quite vulnerable to 'sniffing' by other apps. That is, in the past, it was easy for apps to see what you had saved on the clipboard, and we didn't want to put your private data there for them to see. This has improved with Android's privacy changes in 10, but I'm not sure if automating copying and pasting is the way we want to go with filling. Our current focus is on improving Autofill and Accessibility so that they work in most cases, and then there's also drag and drop for when neither Autofill or Accessibility gets the job done.

We'll let our team know you'd like 1Password available in the quick access menu. But we'd also appreciate if you let us know what apps and sites you find that 1Password can't fill, so we can work out any kinks there.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#29

This discussion has been closed.