1PW 7.4.1 open Mini?

Options
tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

Why when I open 1PW 7.4.1 (families) and click on a specific site or app, does the Mini open automatically? Then I have to again click in the Mini, on the site or app I want to open? Extra step - cumbersome and annoying? OR am I doing something to cause this problem?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Family
OS Version: Mac OS mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@tuni12

My apologies but I don't understand the question. Could you please elaborate? What steps are you taking, what happens, and what were you expecting to happen instead?

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

When i open 1 PW 7 and click on an app to “fill and open”, instead of simply opening and filling in the passwords, the Mini opens instead. Then i have to scroll thru the Mini to find the exact same app and click on “open and fill” again! Therefore instead
    of the prior (previous versions of 1pw) seamlessly opening the desired app/site, it now takes another cumbersome step to get into the desired site.
    This can’t be correct!

• Ben
    Options

@tuni12

Are you using Chrome or a derivative as your default browser?

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,
    I’m using Firefox, as default now prefer it. I did try safari right after i got 1pw 7 and chose family membership but really didnt like it as well.
    I dont remember safari bring any different re the Mini opening after i Open 1pw and click on a specific site to “open and fill”
    Thx

• Ben
    Options

@tuni12

Hmm... I've heard of this issue in reference to Chrome, but I don't think I've heard of it happening with Firefox. Could you please try this for me?

1. Launch Firefox
    2. Navigate to the website you want to fill on by typing the address in the address bar. You can utilize the browser's autocomplete function if it is offered.
    3. Use the keyboard shortcut (cmd + \ by default) to fill the Login item for that site

Does that work? Please let me know. Also, could you please verify that your default browser is set to Firefox?

Change the default browser or email client on your Mac - Apple Support

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Ben - thanks for prompt reply. yes, FF IS my default browser. also YES, when I type in the site/link address in FF browser and hit enter, then cmd & \ the name/password seems to be working.......however, when I click on the address link directly from 1PW the initial display with all my sites, addresses/logons/passwords etc.....then the Mini opens instead of it taking me directly to the site I want....I then have to find the site/link again in the Mini, click on that in the Mini and then the site will open and fill in the pw etc.....so what is the issue here? I really don't understand this at all....!!! Advice/suggestions definitely needed....have been pulling my hair out over this for a couple of weeks (ever since I updated to membership/families and 1PW7)....sigh.....

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tuni12 - are any Firefox windows open at the time you are trying to launch a site from within the main 1Password window? If not, this is a known limitation currently: if you have Firefox minimized into the dock, or you don't have any Firefox windows open, you will get this result. If you have at least one window open and not minimized, it should work.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Lars - thanks however I have previously been warned about this behavior of FF so I AM keeping a FF window open. The results, as described above, remain a problem. So that's not the issue. For some odd reason, clicking on the link in the 1PW 7 display continues to cause the Mini to open - adding extra steps and delay to getting to where I want and opening it.....grrrr......

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Ben & Lars: Just found out something interesting (to me). If I click on the 1PW icon within a browser, (the little 1PW icon within the browser itself) either FF or Safari, I am taken to the site and the pw/user name is inserted.

If I click on the 1PW icon at the top of my display screen (Finder menu, I guess it is on top of my desktop), w/o FF or Safari open, (no browser at all open) nothing will open.

If I click on the 1PW (the 1PW opening display) without any browser being opened, the 1 PW Mini will open automatically.

Three different scenarios - what does this mean????

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,
    Please see comment above re. my findings re: the Mini - do you or anyone have answers for me?
    thx

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps, better to send these questions to 1PW tech support - thx anyway.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tuni12 - email support will certainly be able to go into more detail about your specific 1Password setup and what might be going on, including getting screenshots or diagnostics reports if that seems indicated.

This discussion has been closed.