Can’t past new password into iOS Safari

Options
kappabear
kappabear
Community Member

Hi all,

I’m attempting to setup and show my in-laws how to use 1Password on their iPad (iOS 13.3). I’m on the Costco.com account in iOS Safari, and trying to change their password. We’ve entered the old password, and are now being presented with the New Password field. I’ve generated and saved a new password within the 1Password app (because I don’t know if we can do it from outside 1Password), and copied it to the Clipboard. When I go to the New Password field, double tap to bring up the Paste option, and tap it, the password is not pasted. I’ve tried it repeatedly, but it will not allow me to paste the password. Help.

Cheers!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hi @kappabear

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble, and also for the delay in responding here. It is possible that Costco's website is designed to prevent pasting into the password field. If you open 1Password in slide-over you may be able to drag & drop your password from 1Password into the password field:

Use Multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

I hope that helps!

Ben

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the response. I tried copy/pasting as well as Drag/Drop on the desktop computer and it didn’t work on Costco’s site. Unfortunately, this was the first site that I attempted to demo and teach my mother-in-law, so I had a lot of explaining to do. Thankfully, there were plenty of other sites that worked as expected.

Cheers.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @kappabear. I'm sorry to hear Costo's site doesn't work as expected, but glad to hear others are working fine.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.