Are different vaults causing my iPhone and iMac to use different passwords?

Options
Linda111
Linda111
Community Member

My iMac passwords and iPhone passwords seem to be looking at different vaults. I got a new Mac and everything was in sync for a while. Maybe it has to do with logging in to dropbox. There are password files/folders on dropbox and on also on iCloud. I only need it on iCloud. I only need one vault. I have deleted neither because I do not know which vault goes with iCloud or dropbox. Looking on the left side of 1password on my Mac it says primary under ON MY MAC so seems I should not delete that one. Under account LINDA there is a personal vault. There is a little flag - just found out that means subscription. So I only want one vault on iCloud, I want everything to sync. A while back I believe I could not use iCloud so had to use dropbox. So how can I get my passwords to sync and what is the difference between a primary and a personal vault? Do I need both? One of the vaults might be from an old version of 1password. Today my Mac is creating items under On My Mac.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Linda111

The Primary vault is a standalone vault that can only sync through 3rd party services (iCloud or Dropbox). The Personal vault is part of your 1Password membership and syncs through 1Password itself. The best way forward would be to use the vault switcher to select your Personal vault and then use the Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account option. That is how we'd recommend moving forward.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Linda111
    Linda111
    Community Member
    Options

It worked. Magic. You make it all so easy. Thank you.
    Linda

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome Linda. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.