How do I merge all my vaults?

Options
wiswic
wiswic
Community Member

I've used 1Password since 2008, syncing across my various devices via dropbox with no trouble. A little over a year ago I upgraded to a 1Password membership and thought I had set up my iPhone and iPad correctly to sync via 1password.com as my laptop was doing. Unfortunately, however, I've just discovered that 1) I never deleted the old dropbox vaults from my laptop or devices 2) both my iPhone and iPad were saving any new passwords to the old vaults, and 3) that my new iPad isn't even syncing that vault via dropbox. Oy! How do I fix this hot mess of multi vaults so that I have the most recent passwords all saved solely on 1password.com? Do I really have to compare and contrast each and every item manually to ensure that the most recent information is available to all devices?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 7.4.1 for Safari
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox and 1Password.com

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @wiswic! Oof, that's a tangle, for sure. However, it's not one that can't be UN-tangled. Depending upon exact circumstances, there will likely be some manual comparison of data between devices, if you want to be certain of avoiding any chance of data loss. Because figuring out exact next steps will involve intricate details of your specific 1Password setup, we should handle this via email instead of in this public forum. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#FWX-22949-214]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @wiswic only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: FWX-22949-214

• StevenM
    StevenM
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. How do I get help sorting out this mess?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StevenM:

Please feel free to send us a diagnostics report from your devices, emailing them to us at support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• StevenM
    StevenM
    Community Member
    Options

Ticket Number [#YNQ-72541-645]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @StevenM! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system. Someone will reply to you via email as soon as possible.

ref: YNQ-72541-645

This discussion has been closed.