Duplicate Items after Migration to Free family account

ryan99alero
ryan99alero
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Families

I have 1Password for business. I took advantage of the free family account. During process it asked if I wanted to move things from my business private vault to Family Private vault. Some how during the process I got duplicate entries. I thought no big deal I just use the cleanup duplicate entries on my new Private Vault on Family account. It only found 1 duplicate according to its scan. I've checked and the entries do appear to be duplicate. I exported 2 of the duplicates to see if all fields match as via the GUI they appear exact matches. I could inside the exported file that there is a Scope field that has a value on one of the entries but not on the other. I'd image if I was the one who made that change then there would be no way the modified dates could be the same since it'd require a save after modifying the file. What should I do next. I was going to upload a txt or csv but you file attachment doesn't support those. So you'll have to deal with screen shots of the 2 entries.

[screenshots removed; this is a public forum]

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: 1Password membership

Comments

• ryan99alero
    ryan99alero
    Community Member

As a test I exported everything out into excel. I used excels remove duplicates function. Highlighting all rows and columns of data. Excel found 277 duplicate entries. When I didn't select the Scope field excel found 309 entries. So either I'm not understanding the use case for the remove duplicate tool or maybe there's a bug in it. If you want I can also put it into an sql db if you've got a pre built sql statement for finding duplicates as well. Not sure what your tools looks for. Maybe there are hidden fields you can't export that it also looks at.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019

Hi @ryan99alero

I was going to upload a txt or csv but you file attachment doesn't support those. So you'll have to deal with screen shots of the 2 entries.

For good reason. This is a public forum. Anything you post here is likely to be seen by anyone on the internet. :) Posting an export of your 1Password database is probably not something you want to do, and it certainly isn't something we want you to do. I've also removed your screenshots, as they contain your email address.

Some how during the process I got duplicate entries.

I'm sorry to hear about the duplicates. Could you please confirm for me that the duplicate items are in the same vault? E.g. is one in the Family > Private and the other in the Business > Private, or are they both in Family > Private?

Thanks!

Ben

• ryan99alero
    ryan99alero
    Community Member

Yes they are in the same vault. I tried to throw in a couple things to help prove it was the same vault. The exporting statement as you can only export from a single vault not multiple vaults "also I had changed the password phrases" and then including the screenshots with hidden passwords that showed they were in the same vault. I'm also only stating that above as a way to truly verify to you they are in the same vault. I understand currently you guys don't support the ability to remove duplicate entries across vaults. Also I looked around for a forum rules area but couldn't find one. In the future I'll remember no images or attachments are allow on this forum.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019

@ryan99alero

I apologize for any confusion caused — images/screenshots are allowed, and in some cases encouraged, but we only suggest posting them if they do not contain any personal information or that information has been edited out. We're just trying to protect everyone's privacy. As mentioned this is a public forum, and as such it is possible that anyone on the internet might see what you post. If you'd prefer to correspond with us via private email that is always an option as well. We can be reached at support@1password.com.

I'm sorry the duplicate detection didn't work for you as expected. I'll speak with our development team and see if there are perhaps ways in which we can improve that tool for the future. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any workaround off-hand.

Ben

P.S. The relevant section from the forum rules is:

It is also worth noting that this is a public discussion forum. Anyone on the internet may be able to read what you post here. As such, please avoid posting any personal details or identifying information (e.g. email addresses, order numbers, full names, etc.) that you would not be comfortable having as public record. If you’d like to contact us about a matter which may require the sharing of some private details please email us instead

This discussion has been closed.