Extension won't load on Chrome or Chrome Canary

Options
leprincelaurel
leprincelaurel
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Mac

Since about 2 days ago, I get the following message when starting up Chrome or Chrome Canary: "1Password extension (desktop app required) has crashed. Click this balloon to reload the extension". When I click the same message immediately reappears. I've tried reinstalling the extensions and re-starting, to no avail. The app works fine on its own and the extension works fine on other browers (Safari, etc). Version numbers are as follows: extension: 4.7.5.90, app 6.8.9, Chrome Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit), Chrome Canary 81.0.3998.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit), OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan.

1Password Version:6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @leprincelaurel! I'm sorry for the trouble. Do you have this problem when you use 1Password in other browsers, such as either Firefox or Safari?

• leprincelaurel
    leprincelaurel
    Community Member
    Options

From my initial post: "The app works fine on its own and the extension works fine on other browers (Safari, etc). " So to answer your question, Lars, no, I have no problem with other browsers.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@leprincelaurel - thanks for confirming. Next step I'd try would be turning off other extensions in Chrome and Chrome Canary, to see whether some of them might be interfering with 1Password's companion extension. Do you also have 1Password X installed in Chrome?

• leprincelaurel
    leprincelaurel
    Community Member
    Options

UPDATE: The problem has somehow solved itself. I'm not sure if that's due to a tweak by the 1Password developers or due to a Chrome update, or perhaps even something else.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@leprincelaurel - excellent! I'm glad to hear things are back to normal. We didn't push any updates, though it may have been due to a Chrome background update. Keep an eye on things, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.